Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Painting In Oils With Joan Humble (miniatures optional)
Thursday, April 26, 2018, 10:00 AM until Friday, April 27, 2018, 4:00 PM
Lady Franklin Gallery, Acanthe Park
268 Lenah Valley Road
0490 910 229
is closed - Event is full
Registrants & Fees
$90.00 (pay at venue)
$120.00 (pay at venue)
Come and join Joan in her Painting Workshop on Thursday 26th and Friday, 27th April. She will demonstrate brush techniques, composition, tonal values, use of colour and colour mixing. All the things that make a good larger painting will give you a small gem. Joan can discuss the 20 miniatures that will still be on the gallery walls and even show you the miniature painting that won her the top prize in the world, the Golden Bowl awarded by the Royal Miniature Society in 2014.
The brushes she suggests you bring are
- One 20/0 NEEF TAKLON SCRIPT (990)
- One 10/0 NEEF TAKLON SCRIPT
- Two 0 NEEF TAKLON ROUND
- One Art Spectrum series 1000 KF (bristle)
- One each 3/8, 1/4 (995) TAKLON ANGLE SHADERS
- Any small bristle brushes of your own
You will also need:
- Your oil paints, a small palette knife and palette (white tiles are good)
- A Canson Sketch Oilpad, peelable tape and a ruler
- Your own reference photos
- Odourless turps (NOT gum turps)
Joan can supply a sheet of Polymin, enough for four miniature paintings, for $16.
Any problems with supplies, you can phone Joan on 0428 278 112.